Last Friday’s Chilli Night and the days since – I think it’s fair to say – have been a success.
I only ever set myself a fundraising target of £400 for the Newcastle Healthcare Child Bereavement Charity and would have been dead chuffed if I had have hit that.
However, thanks to the generosity of my family, friends, their friends and even some strangers I think it’s fair to say that I’ve smashed that!
- Wayne Hilton who created the All 4 Guy logo and is leading the charge with providing our branded goods! (details below if you wish to order)
- Alnwick Rugby Club for letting us have the venue as their contribution
- My sister in law Susan for cooking up copious amounts of Chilli and rice and for all of the people in the kitchen who helped her out
- My mother in law Ros for making all of the deserts for the night
- My wife Christine for putting up with my new hobby. She always said that I should get one, so she should be happy 🙂
- The fantastic band My Nasty Gran who had almost every single person on the dancefloor
- Everyone who donated a raffle prize and by God there were LOADS!
- Chris from Wild With Love who donated the fantastic flowers for our Blind Date lady
- Hamish, Callum and Will who were our unwitting Blind Date lads – I don’t think they knew what they’d let themselves in for….. 🙂
- Andrew Lawson from Thirston Garage for providing a bottle of Gin and another of Whiskey for the “chuck a coin” competition
- The Alnwick Round Table for their very much appreciated donation
- Everyone who came and ate, drank, donated, sponsored and generally had fun!
And anyone else that I may have forgotten!
So now this is all done and dusted, I am going to concentrate on my training for the Ultra Marathon in July. 62.5 miles in one go (allowed time = 19 hours!) from Holy Island to Melrose. And in between now and then I have :
- Leas marathon
- Cragside 10k
- Thrunton Thriller 1/2 marathon
- Kirkley 1/2 marathon
- Druridge Bay marathon
- Les Alcorn 10k
- Edinburgh marathon
- Coquet Valley 1/2 marathon
If anyone feels inclined to sponsor me for this – quite frankly – absurd task I’ve set myself then please don’t let me stop you : www.justgiving.com/All4Guy. The charity I am supporting is incredibly close to my heart and they are not a large charitable organisation – they don’t get support from major events or press and TV campaigns. They get by purely on donations from idiots like me, but the support that they provide to families in the form of counsellors like the amazing Paula is absolutely second to none.
You may be thinking that I’d forgotten to tell you what the current total raised is. I haven’t, I’m just stringing it out like what they do on X Factor…..
So – drum roll please – the current, and I say “current” as every time I add it up, I get another bit of dosh to include! is…..
As Guy would have liked us to have said – thumbs up and keep smiling!